It’s recommended you get tested regularly. You should also look out for common symptoms often ignored.
Here are 20 cancer signs you shouldn’t ignore.
1. Frequent fevers and infections: These are signs of leukemia – cancer in bone marrow and blood cells. Leukemia weakens the body and increases risk of infections.
2. Shortness of breath: If you experience wheezing or shortness of breath you may have lung cancer.
3. Chest pain or chronic cough: Coughing and chest pain can be signs of leukemia or lung cancer.
4. Trouble swallowing: This can be a sign of head or neck cancer. And an early sign of lung cancer.
5. Lumps on groin, neck and underarm: Lumps or growth of lymph nodes on these parts mean there’s a change in lymphatic system, and this can be a sign of cancer.
6. Blood not clotting: Leukemia affects the bloods ability to clot and transfer oxygen.
7. Loss of appetite and fullness: Women with ovarian cancer claim to lose appetite and feel full all the time.
8. Bloating: Research shows that bloating and abdominal discomfort can be a sign of ovarian cancer.
9. Fatigue and weakness: These two are signs of cancer if accompanied by most the symptoms mentioned here.
10. Blood in stool: Blood in stool and rectal bleeding are common signs colorectal cancer.
11. Pelvic pain: Pain in the pelvis can be a sign of ovarian cancer or leukemia.
12. Abrupt weight loss: Losing weight instantly could a sign of digestive cancers or cancer in the liver.
13. Frequent stomachaches: This can be a warning sign of colorectal cancer.
14. Changes in the nipple: If the nipple flattens or swells you may have breast cancer.
15. Moles: Moles that become bigger or change color can be a sign of skin cancer.
16. Excessive pain and bleeding between periods: You may have uterine cancer if any of these two happen to you.
17. Red or swollen breast: Unexplained pain or swelling on the breast could indicate breast cancer.
18. Pain in the lower right side: Pain in this area is one of the early signs of liver cancer.
19. Swollen face: You could have lung tumors if your face starts to swell and get puffy.
20. Changes in nails: Unexplained dots and streaks on the nails could mean skin cancer.