2) Javed and his first spouse Honey Irani, whom he met on the units of ‘Seeta Aur Geeta’, share the identical start date, January 17.
3) Javed Akhtar is an atheist and he has raised his youngsters, Farhan and Zoya Akhtar, as atheists too.
4) Javed Akhtar used to help Urdu poet Kaifi Azmi. He subsequently married Kaifi’s daughter, Shabana Azmi, after his marriage to Honey Irani resulted in a divorce.
5) When Javed Akhtar arrived in Mumbai in 1964, he was a homeless man with none meals or shelter. He struggled to search out work within the Hindi movie trade. He used to sleep below bushes, or in corridors, till he took shelter in Kamal Amrohi Studio in Jogeshwari.
6) Salim Khan met Javed Akhtar for the primary time whereas filming ‘Sarhadi Lootera’, the place Salim was an actor and Javed was a clapper boy. Javed was later made the dialogue-author of the movie as director SM Sagar was unable to seek out one.
7) As a script-writing duo, Salim ideated tales and Javed helped him with dialogues. Javed wrote his scripts in Urdu which had been then written out in Hindi by his assistant. One other assistant would sort out a one-line abstract in English.
8) Again within the ‘70s, scriptwriters weren’t given credit score on movie posters. On not getting the suitable recognition, Salim and Javed determined to color their names on the posters of the movies they’ve labored on.
9) Javed and Salim cut up in 1982 as a result of ego points. Of the 24 movies they wrote, 20 had been hits, together with 2 Telugu movies – ‘Manushulu Chesina Dongalu’ and ‘Yugandhar’ and one Kannada movie – ‘Premada Kaanike’.
10) Javed Akhtar has received the Filmfare Award fourteen instances – seven instances for Greatest Script, and 7 instances for Greatest Lyrics. He has gained the Nationwide Award 5 occasions. In 2013, he acquired the Sahitya Akademi Award in Urdu, India’s second highest literary honour, for his poetry assortment ‘Lava’.